Welcome to Our Practice
Welcome to Dr. Gabriel Pediatrics, where children come first, and where our Board Certified pediatricians adn staff work together to provide exceptional medical care for children in the Gurnee area. We pride ourselves on providing compassionate, comprehensive services to children from birth through adolescence, and we're glad you've chosen us as your child's medical home.
Please take a few moments to read through our website to get a better feel for Dr. Gabriel's capabilities and services. Our website provides you with the important background about our pediatricians, staff, office hours, financing policies, appointment procedures, maps, directions to our office in Gurnee and other useful information.
We know how hectic life can be and are committed to making our practice convenient and accessible for your family. We want you to feel confident that when you choose Dr. Gabriel Pediatrics as your child's primary physician, you're working with professionals who are qualified, experienced and caring. We do this by equipping you with the support and resources you need to make the most educated decisions about your child's health.
We want to thank you for choosing Dr. Gabriels Pediatrics for your child's medical care and welcome you to our practice. We can assure you that you'll feel confident in our ability to meet and exceed all of your expectations. Please call our Gurnee office if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment.
The physicians at Gabriel Pediatrics firmly believe in vaccinations. If you choose not to immunize your child, we recommend that you transfer your child to a healthcare provider who shares your views on immunizations.
We at Gabriel Pediatrics are committed to the health and safety of our patients, family, staff and community. Our office continues to carefully monitor the latest updates on the Corona Virus outbreak, along with any guidelines and safety information being provided by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and The Illinois Department of Public Health.
Our office is implementing a new scheduling protocol in order to avoid cross contamination as much as possible. In addition to this we are also separating sick patients and well patients in our waiting area. In efforts to exercise extra precautions our staff will be frequently wiping down door handles, counters, furniture and spraying Lysol disinfectant spray on furniture in our waiting area.
Due to the ongoing concern of Coronavirus (COVID-19) our office is continually updating scheduling and check in protocols to allow us to continue to see patients and allowing us to reduce exposures to this virus to our patients as well as physicians and staff. We ask that you all please be patient with us throughout this very concerning and frustrating process.
CDC always recommends everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough into the inside of the elbow. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash hands often, especially before eating and after contact with public surfaces. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with other people.
- Call your healthcare provider immediately if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as a cough or difficulty breathing.
More information about COVID-19 is available on the CDC website at cdc.gov.
Lake County 211 is live. Please share with your friends and family.
Call 211 from any Lake County phone OR Text your Zip code to 898211 OR Visit www.211LakeCounty.org
Lake County 211 is a free, confidential, 24/7 helpline operated by United Way that can guide you to local, available, and appropriate health and human service resources for our patients' needs. It is designed to reduce time and frustration by acting as a central access point to the health and human services in Lake County. 211 helps individuals, families, and providers navigate and connect with a wide range of local health and human services for free. While many organizations currently have limited resources, their services are updated in the 211 system.
- Mental health services
- Addiction support and rehabilitation
- Crisis counseling
- Supplemental food programs
- Shelter and affordable housing options
- Employment and education support
- Financial support
- Disaster information and relief
Thank you for choosing Gabriel Pediatrics, S.C. It is a privilege to provide you and your family with the quality healthcare you deserve. At Gabriel Pediatrics we are taking the safety of our patients, visitors and entire office staff very serious. We are taking the following precautions to reduce the risk of spreading illness.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are temporarily changing our scheduling and office protocols to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
As of 6/1/2020, all of our sick patient appointments will be conducted via Telehealth consultation only instead of in person until further notice. Our patients will be treated, prescribed and ordered accordingly as if they were in the office for consultation and services will be billed to your insurance.
We are providing in office consults for wellness exams, physicals and immunizations. We urge our patients to continue to make appointments to stay up to date on vaccinations. Our receptionists are going over all questionnaires for their child(ren)’s check up prior to their appointment to make things a little more convenient for our patients.
We are implementing a strict COVID-19 screening protocol prior to any scheduling of visits in our office. We will ask a series of questions regarding symptoms, recent travel, and/or exposure to COVID prior to scheduling every and any in office appointment. If at any time there is a risk identified by our staff, we will require the appointment be rescheduled for at least 2 weeks from the date of travel or exposure and/or if tested positive for COVID-19 we are asking for the appointment to be rescheduled for at least 2 weeks after symptoms have resolved completely.
- You will call the office once you have parked.
- At that time, you will be checked in, your demographic information and insurance information will be reviewed and updated. We will ask that you pay any outstanding balances or copays over the phone by credit or debit card.
- The Medical Assistant will then take over the call and go over your visit details and history and then meet you at our office entrance.
- Once in our office, we will take temperatures on patients and accompanying adult. Anyone (over the age of 2y old) coming into our office is required to wear a face mask the entire time in our office. Please come with your own mask as we have a limited supply. We will ask you to sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer upon entering our office.
- Finally, you will be taken to your room where your visit will be completed.
In efforts to maintain social distancing, we are only allowing one adult/parent with the patient(s) for their visit.
Telehealth visits are conducted using doxy.me. The physician will email or text a link for you to join them in a video consult. If you are web enabled, we encourage you to use the Telehealth option as it is the safest form of communication.
Our office has a physician on call 24/7.
Gabriel Pediatrics will continue to monitor and follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Public Health Department's recommendations as things continue to progress. If you have any questions regarding possible exposures to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please feel free to contact the Coronavirus Hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or you can find more information on the web at www.cdc.gov.
We greatly appreciate your assistance and understanding as we learn more about navigating through the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this unpredictable time. -Gabriel Pediatrics